MACHANICMIKE
MACHANICMIKE, MasterTech
Experience:  I,m a thirtyfive year MasterTech with experience in engines, differentials, hvac,brakes, 4X4 systems
3268118

replace thermostat on a 2000 chevrolet impala

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Chevy
Expert:  MACHANICMIKE replied 10 years ago.
Good morning, My nane is Mike, I'll help. To replace the thermostst on your Impala open the hood, at your left you will see the upper radiator hose, fpllow the hose to the engine, remove the hose clamp, slide it back away from the thermostat housing. Now remove the hose from the housing. Remove the two bolts that hold the housing to the engine. The thermostat is under the housing. Reverse removal to install, Fill radiator with coolant. Start engine, open air bleed screw on top of thermostat housing. Allow the air to escape the cooling system. Let the engine come up to normal temp, keep a close watch on the temp gauge, do not allow the engine to overheat!!! Close the bleeder and check for leaks. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX e-mail me. Mike.