Bob
Bob, Auto Tech
Experience:  Plus 40 years GM, over 30 certified with Chevrolet, ASE certified Master Tech. (Expired, Retired)
2210118

where is fuel filter located on 2005 Chevy Trailblazer

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Bob replied 10 years ago.

Condition/Concern:

The fuel filter location has changed. Service intervals and part numbers listed in some 2005 owners manuals are not correct. Later 2005 vehicle owners manuals have been corrected with this change.

Recommendation/Instructions:

For the 2005 model year, the fuel filter was changed from an external mount to internal version that is part of the fuel sender assembly. Due to the fuel filter location change, there is no longer a recommended fuel filter replacement criteria. Please disregard the fuel filter part number and the recommended service interval of 25,000 miles, listed in the 2005 mid-sized utilities owners manual.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.
Why is it that I was sent a copy of where the fuel filter is located for my 2005 Trailblazer and I get this answer from another mechanic. Which one is correct??????   Please advise a.s.a.p. For the 2005 model year, the fuel filter was changed from an external mount to internal version that is part of the fuel sender assembly. Due to the fuel filter location change, there is no longer a recommended fuel filter replacement criteria. Please disregard the fuel filter part number and the recommended service interval of 25,000 miles, listed in the 2005 mid-sized utilities owners manual
Expert:  Bob replied 10 years ago.
I guess you got two answers because you posted the question twice. The problem is not with us, it is with GM and the fact that they make mid year changes sometimes. Depending on when your truck was built both answers could be correct. I would suggest you check the location given, close to the front of the tank and if there is no filter there, then it is inside the tank and not normally service. GM does not specify when the change was made, only that it was. Sorry for the inconvenience, just trying to help you. But we are at the mercy of the manufacturers too.