GMTech77
GMTech77, Auto Technician
Experience:  Ase and GM certified
2657994

2004 Chevy Tahoe: starter or any accessory

Customer Question

2004 Chevy Tahoe. Will not start. Appears as if no electricl power is available to the starter or any accessory. Battery changed and problem still exists. What the hell could it be? Fuse, Circuit Breaker? HELP   It happened today while visiting parents for Thanksgiving. Nothing we did solved the problem. IS there a fuse that would cause this? If so, which one? I checked both buse boxes for indications of blown fuses and found all to appear okay. Check attachment fittings on battery. No help. I am totally confused as I know it has to be something fairly simple. HElP ME PLEASE> I need a response quickly (now!)

Thank you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GMTech77 replied 10 years ago.
Check all the fuses underhood which i think you already did. If all are good, you may have a bad ignition switch not supplying power to the starter and fuses needed to start. Check that the igntion switch has all the outputs it should have.