GMTech77
GMTech77, Auto Technician
Experience:  Ase and GM certified
2657994

1999 Chevy: full size..power window..drivers side i..inside door panel

Customer Question

1999 Chevy Silverado full size 3 door the power window on the drivers side i believe fell off the track. I still have power but the window will not go up. How do i get the inside door panel off? I found 2 screws 1 in the middle by the handle and 1 on the bottom. Any other screws? What about the power controls for the windows and locks does the panel lift over that?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GMTech77 replied 10 years ago.
Sounds like a bad motor or regulator. To remove the door panel, remove door lock lever, window switch, door handle bezel behind the inside door handle, remove the triangle trim piece at the front of the door. Pull up on the door panel, do not pry out, pull up on the door panel and you should feel it release from the door and then pull it out. Let me know if there are any more questions.