Davo
Davo, Master technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician also L1 Advanced Engine Performance Specialist
112340

console..hidden bolts or clips I have removed the scripts..diagram

The vcr in the bottom part of the lower console needs to be fixed. I have attempted to remove the cover of surrouding the vcr, but there are some hidden bolts or clips I have removed the scripts in the cubby under the VCR which has lossened it, but not yet released it. Hopefully I need very good diagram or pictures showing how to remove it. Other sites have indicated hidden clips, but I have no idea where they are.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Davo replied 8 years ago.

Video Cassette Player Replacement

Tools Required

Door Trim Pad and/or Garnish Trim Clip Remover/flat prying tool.

Object Number: 628542  Size: SH

1. Slide both front seats to their rearward position.
  2. Using your fingertips, grasp the upper console storage compartment at the edges and pull to release the upper console storage compartment from the center console.
    Object Number: 628547  Size: SH

3. Remove the two screws from the video cassette player mounting bracket.
  4. Disconnect the video cassette player electrical connector.
    Object Number: 628959  Size: SH

5. Remove two push-in fasteners from the bottom of the video cassette player using a flat tool.
  6. Remove the right front seat inner seat trim.
  7. Open the right front seat cup holder.
  8. Remove the video cassette player from the center console.
    Object Number: 628539  Size: SH

9. Disconnect the RCA jacks and the power feed wire 1, 2, 3, and 4 from the video cassette player.
    Object Number: 628550  Size: SH

10. Remove two screws and the video cassette player mounting bracket from the video cassette player.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Davo's Post: I have "Remove two push-in fasteners from the bottom of the video cassette player using a flat tool.". I try to remove the VCR and I get about 3/4 out, but then it is stuck on something.
How do I get it out further?
Expert:  Davo replied 8 years ago.
They snap into plastic and will pop out.Yes it is a scary thing because they feel like they will breakYou just need to pop them out the cover shouldn't break.So you pry out and pull to get them to release.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Davo's Post: what would be the place to pry?
I tried the top and the side, but it still stuck.
It really feels like something solid (metal) is holding it.

Andrew
Expert:  Davo replied 8 years ago.
Did you remove the two screws?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Davo's Post: Yes I did.
I did "Remove the two screws from the video cassette player mounting bracket."

I get to the "Remove the video casset player from the center console" step and try to pull it out, but it doesn't get past the console plastic. It is like the vcr mounting bracket can't get past something.

I there a easy way the whole lower console, which is holding the vcr. I figure if I can get the whole lower console area out, I can probably figure out what the vcr is sticking on.

Thanks for all the help before, it was all very useful.

Andrew
Expert:  Davo replied 8 years ago.
Did you remove the two push in fasteners from under the vcr?The vcr needs to come out to remove the console sorry to say.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Davo's Post: Yes I did.
Like I said before the VCR slides about 3/4 of the way out and then get's stuck.
The bracket that is attached to the VCR that you have to remove the VCR from the console to remove, seems to stick on the inward facing bevels on the front of the console.

What I need is a way to post a picture so you can see.
Expert:  Davo replied 8 years ago.
Did you unplug the wiring yet?I'm going to send you an email address to send a picture to by private message so check for it in a couple minutes.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Davo's Post: I have responded toXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Expert:  Davo replied 8 years ago.
Can't you get a pm?I sent you the email address.I can't post it on here for obvious reasons.Maybe they can help you post a pic and then we can move forward.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Davo's Post: What is a "pm"?

Use this email address to see the picture:
http://www.patmedia.net/Customer/images/Kodak-2006-11-13_2851a.JPG

Just to be clear. The wiring is unplugged, the cup holder is still in place, but the VCR cannot be pulled out far enough to get there.

Andrew
Expert:  Davo replied 8 years ago.
You must be getting stuck on part of the vcr body.Try using a thin putty knife or something similar to pry slightly on the console between it and the vcr.It could be the top or bottom.Nice pic by the way.
Davo, Master technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician also L1 Advanced Engine Performance Specialist
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Davo's Post: victory is mine!

http://patmedia.net/Customer/images/Kodak-2006-11-13_2858.JPG

Thanks for all of your help.
It took 3 framing hurricane straps to slip it past the console.

Thanks for all of your help.
Expert:  Davo replied 8 years ago.
Great job glad you got it apart.
Davo, Master technician