JONATHAN
JONATHAN, JAGUAR/LAND ROVER SHOP FOREMAN
Experience:  ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN L1 X1 CERIFICATIONS
1727602

1979 CHEVY TRUCK: CHEVY 350 I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA AND NEED..PASS SMOG

I HAVE 1979 CHEVY TRUCK WITH CHEVY 350 I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA AND NEED TO KNOW WHAT I NEED TO PASS SMOG .THANKS
does the truck still have its underhood emission label? Is it a California or Federal emission vehicle?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to JONATHAN's Post: IT HAS A CALIFORNIA TAG
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
is it 1/2,3/4 or 1 ton?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to JONATHAN's Post: 1/2 TON 4X4
PCV-PCV VALVE IN THE VALVE COVER ALONG WITH VACUUM LINE TO MANIFOLD VACUUM SOURCE AND ALL BREATHER HOSES LINKING THE VALVE COVERS TO AIR CLEANER ASSEMBLY IN PLACE

ACL-AIR CLEANER ASSEMBLY WITH BREATHER FILTER IN PLACE AND THERMAL AIR CLEANER ASSEMBLY ON THE SNORKEL END OF IT..HEAT RISER TUBE FROM THE TAC ASSEMBLY BOTTOM TO THE EXHAUST MANIFOLD...THE TUBE ATTACHES TO A HEAT STOVE ASSEMBLY THAT SHOULD BE ON THE EXHAUST MANIFOLD.....

EFE- EARLY FUEL EVAPORATOR DEVICE...A FLAPPER ASSEMBLY THAT FITS BETWEEN THE Y PIPE OF THE EXHAUST AND THE EXHAUST MANIFOLD...THE FLAPPER IS CONNECTED TO A VACUUM ACTUATOR WHICH IS SUPPLIED VACUUM BY A PORTED VACUUM SWITCH THATS SCREWED INTO THE THERMOSTAT HOUSING/INTAKE MANIFOLD

AIS-AIR INJECTION SYSTEM...AIR PUMP W/BELT...DIVERTER/DUMP VALVE...HOSES AND CHECK VALVES IN PLACE...ONE LEADS DOWN TO THE EXHAUST AND THE OTHER DUMPS TO THE AIR CLEANER

EVAP- EVAP CANNISTER IN THE CORNER OF THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT WITH HOUSE CONNECTED TO GAS TANK,VACUUM SOURCE,AND PURGE PORT IN THE AIRHORN OF THE CARBURETOR..

SPK-HEI GM DISTRIBUTOR WITH VACUUM ADVANCE AND CENTRIFUGAL ADVANCE INSIDE OF ASSEMBLY

CAT-OC TYPE CATALYTIC CONVERTER(OXIDIZING CATALYST)

FR-FUEL RESTRICTER IN THE NECK OF THE GAS FILLER PIPE TO RESTRICT TO UNLEADED FUEL ONLY

TIMING @ 8BTDC UNLESS NOTED DIFFERENT ON EMISSION LABEL....

EGR-EGR VALVE,ASSOCIATED VACUUM LINES,PORTED VACUUM SWITCH TO SUPPLY VALVE

4BBL QUADRAJET CARBURETOR
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to JONATHAN's Post: do you know where i could get a manual that shows me where all these parts go or pictures thanks
i would buy the factory service manual from Helm....its a little pricey ($75.00) but the most complete source of repair info about the truck

http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.asp?class%5F2=CHV&mk=Chevrolet+%26+Geo&yr=1979&md=Light%2DDuty+Trucks+%28Up+To+1986%29&dt=Shop%2FService+Information&module=&from=result&Style=&Sku=ST33079K&itemtype=K&mscsid=AB5E26PEJLRB9N7VNU45UQ8BV270DNF0

the autozone online repair manual gives you basic pictures but i don't know if it will be specific enough

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/11/23/d6/0900823d801123d6.jsp