Davo, Master technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician also L1 Advanced Engine Performance Specialist

The key gets stuck in the 2002 Blazer ignition ...

The key gets stuck in the ignition of my daughter's 2002 Chevy Blazer; in fact it seems to have drained the brand new battery. The dealer "can't reproduce the problem." Any guidance?
Under the lock cylinder there is a plastic plug you can remove.When the key gets stuck push a pen or pencil in the hole and remove the key.You can remove the part marked # XXXXX in the picture and the ignition will turn off anytime even if some one turns off the key while you are driving.You may want to make sure your brake lights work next time it happens. Object Number: 357152  Size: LF
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Davo's Post: Hi Davo,

Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure I can find that part #9, but I think removing the key should work. Thanks.
Well if you need more help please let me know.If you have the time please leave positive feedback as I am leaving it for you.