32dmadden, Auto Repair Shop Owner
Experience:  A.S.E. Certified Master Technician, L-1 37 yrs. Auto Repair Experience

2005 Chevy Malibu LS: refill..the power steering fluid reservoir

We are trying to refill the power steering fluid on a 2005 Chevy Malibu LS and can't find the power steering fluid reservoir, where is it located?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  32dmadden replied 10 years ago.
The power steering on the 05 Malibu is an electric motor that works off a worm gear on the column. There isn't any fluid used. Are you having trouble with the power steering? I'll be around if you have any more questions.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to 32dmadden's Post: The power steering light went on and since then the car has been extremely difficult to steer, as expected. You have to really crank the wheel to turn the car now. We were thinking the power steering fluid just needed to be filled up :( Now we know otherwise.
You will need to see what codes are stored in the computer to determine exactly what is wrong. It should be under warranty. There is a service bulletin out on hard to turn power steering. I will send it in the post. Hope this helps out. Please hit the accept icon if you are satisfied with my answer.