RIP, Lead Technician
Experience:  A.S.E Certified Master Technician, AC Delco service training, Ca State Smog License, L1 level

Diagram of the steering column for a 91 Chevy Pickup.

diagram of the steering column for a 91 Chevy Pickup.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  RIP replied 10 years ago.

I've posted a teardown of the steering column below.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to RIP's Post: ok...I'm sure the diagram you sent will be helpful.....but since your a pro, could you maybe give me some pin point areas I would really need to concentrate on to tighten up my column? please. It would be faster and more apt to work, with your advice.
Expert:  RIP replied 10 years ago.

If the column is loose (sloppy) at the point of swivel, there is a common problem with the (3) screws holds the housing to the column comming loose. This is number 29 on the diagram, and the screws have torx heads. You'll need to tear it down to this point and then the loose screws are obvious, I also recommend putting Loctite on the threads to prevent future loosening.