RIP, Lead Technician
Experience:  A.S.E Certified Master Technician, AC Delco service training, Ca State Smog License, L1 level

what should the tire pressure be for a 2001 Chevrolet Impala ...

what should the psi be for each tire

The tire pressure specifications, should be on the plate/sticker mounted to the driver inner door post, if not it will be in the glove box. If not let me know and I will research it for you.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to RIP's Post: Can you research it for me ?

If the fourth character of your vin is "W", "N" your tires should be set at 32 psi all around. Please souble check this with your door sticker. My information is from an aftermarket tire, and wheel guidline manual and is somewhat general in nature. Let me know if is correct, and you need only accept if it is.

Also, the psi of the tires will vary when cold and warm, so always check them warm where the highest pressure reading can be attained. The more air in them, the stiffer the ride will be and the longer the tires will last; the less pressure the smoother the ride is although it can affect the wear on the tires by little.