JONATHAN
JONATHAN, JAGUAR/LAND ROVER SHOP FOREMAN
Experience:  ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN L1 X1 CERIFICATIONS
1727602

p2135 trouble code, how big of problem is it and how ...

p2135 trouble code, how big of problem is it and how recurring might it be, sounds awful dangerous.   I am buying a used chevy silverado 2500 4x4 and I am told that the vehicle has experienced this problem but has supposedly been fixed.   Do you have any suggestions and/ or warning about buying a truck with this problem.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JONATHAN replied 8 years ago.
code p2135 is for the electronic throttle body...was the throttle body replaced?....when there is a fault in this system the car goes into limp mode...
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to JONATHAN's Post: I don't know if it has been replaced or not, they are going to do work on it today. They said that they couldn't couldn't get the error code to reset and problem continued.   I guess my question is what assuming the worst with regards XXXXX XXXXX error how costly of a problem is it to fix and does it tend to go hand in hand with other problems.    

Yes it is going into limp mode.

Thanks.

jake
Expert:  JONATHAN replied 8 years ago.
what year is the truck and what size engine is it?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to JONATHAN's Post: 2005 and the engine is a 6.0.   Please respond asap as I am going to pick up in the morning and would like to be armed with info.

Thanks.

Jake
Expert:  JONATHAN replied 8 years ago.
if it needs a throttle body with throttle actuator the most expensive place i checked was about 350.00 dollars for the part....ac delco#217-2293...i don't know how much labor they are charging you but i'd expect to see at least two flat rate hours for diagnosis and installation....whatever their labor rate is
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to JONATHAN's Post: when you say "if" how can I tell if that is what it needs, they are replacing something else regarding the wire on an accelerator switch?

sorry to be a pain, but I am about to spend a lot of money and want to feel a little comfort that if they don't fix the problem I won't be sitting on a costly lemon.

Thanks
Expert:  JONATHAN replied 8 years ago.
there's the throttle body which includes the actuator switch and the connector...only things left are the computer and the wiring......theres an accelerator position sensor which tells the computer how hard you are pressing the pedal.....what did they say went bad?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to JONATHAN's Post: They replaced the air throttle valve, drove it again and the error came up again P2135.   They reset it, check the wiring and are now waiting for a new (TAC or GAC module?) that they are going to put in new and then drive it for 100 miles and see what happens.   Are they on the right track?   This will be my final question I promise.

This service is tremendous by the way.

Jake
Expert:  JONATHAN replied 8 years ago.
throttle actuator control? tac?   if so..yes...that code comes from that part of the system...sounds like they are doing what's right..
Experience: ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN L1 X1 CERIFICATIONS