mrrowland1
mrrowland1, Master auto tech
Experience:  Working ASE Master/L1(advanced engine diag./Performance) with 27 years experience
1769403

1991 chevy corsica: injecter put new crank sensor..ignition module

Customer Question

i have a 1991 chevy corsica am geting no spark no fuel but have fuel pressue to the injecter put new crank sensor in it new injecter ignition module tests good what could it be
Category: Chevy
Expert:  mrrowland1 replied 8 years ago.
Is this the 2.2 4 cylinder or 3.1 6 cylinder?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to mrrowland1's Post: 2.2l
Have you checked the fuses? There is a in-line fuel control fuse at the battery junction box or at the battery itself.Check this 1 especially before we get too complicated.Do you have a test light or a meter available to test with?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to mrrowland1's Post: the fuses are fine and yes i have a test lignt and an ohm meter
Is the check engine light coming on when you turn the key on? The computer does a self test when you first turn it on.This is the computers wake up call.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to mrrowland1's Post: yes the engine light comes on when the key is on the only code it throws is 12
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge that you could hook up to this car?The way this system works is when you turn the key on the fuel pump relay is cycled to provide pressure to start the car.The ecm is programmed to do this.When the computer sees a rpm signal from the ignition module,it re grounds the fuel pump relay and after one complete revolution,the ecm knows where number one is and fires the next cylinder.It sounds like your tach signal isn't getting to the ecm.Could be caused by a faulty crank sensor,module,ignition coil(s)or an open in the purple/white wire(circut 430-Pin #E at the module).You can als check for power at pin #B(pink/black Wire)at the module.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to mrrowland1's Post: no fuel pressure gauge to check but has a lot of pressure gould you be a little less techncal about the wires that is that i need to test and what im looking for when i test them ?????
I'll try.On the pink black wire you should see 12 volts on that wire when you turn the key on.If using a test light,should be lit brightly!This tells you the module is recieving power.Check this first and let me know what the results are.