Steve, Service Manager
Experience:  25+ Years experience as a professional working automotive technician; ASE L1 master technician

99 suburban: low pressure System..correct one

Customer Question

Trying to locate the low pressure port on my 99 Suburban AC System to recharge. Can you please tell me where it is located? There are two ports and I want to make sure I am on the correct one. Thanks Steve
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Steve replied 10 years ago.

The low side service port will be located either on the accumulator tank, or very close to it. The accumulator is on the passenger side of the vehicle, near the firewall.

If you are trying to recharge the system, you will find that the low side and high side service ports are different diameters; you cannot physically connect a low side charging adapter hose to the high side because it will not fit.

I hope this is helpful; if so, please click my accept button! thanks!