Davo, Master technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician also L1 Advanced Engine Performance Specialist

oil in my transmission, I took all the bolts..shifting..oil pan off

I am changing the oil in my transmission, I took all the bolts off, oil is drained, the shifting mechanicism that is on the side of the transmission doesn't allow for enough room to take the oil pan off. How do I get it off?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Davo replied 10 years ago.
2wd or 4wd?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Davo's Post: it is aXXXXX1500 extended cab
Expert:  Davo replied 10 years ago.
There are two ways to do it.The first is to remove the two torx bolts holding the bracket on that holds the shift cable.They are on top of the transmission and will probably just strip out anyhow.The second way is to take a very large pair of channel locks and grip the bracket and the driveshaft and squeeze.That will give you just enough room if you tilt the passenger side of the pan down.That's the way I do it.You may have to bend the bracket back when done.