Davo
Davo, Master technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician also L1 Advanced Engine Performance Specialist
112340

2000 chevy Blazer: that keeps stalling..problem first started..car sat

Customer Question

I have a 2000 chevy Blazer that keeps stalling . When the problem first started after the car sat for about 45 min it would start again and be fine. This happened three times over about a 3 year period. The dealer could never find a problem. Now the car has been in the shop 3 times in the last 4 months for the same thing. But when the car stops now, it won't restart and we must tow it. The fuel pump has been replaced and the second time they said it was a wiring problem. Now they can't fix it and it has been over 2 weeks. Does anyone know what this is? Car runs fine otherwise, just stalls while driving- starter works-just sounds like car is out of gas Thanks
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Davo replied 10 years ago.
What are you missing when it won't start fuel pressure,spark or injector pulse?I could take a guess if you wish.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Davo's Post: Dear davo- Thanks for your reply- Sorry I do not know the answer to your question- I can check with my husband and see if he does. The problem seems to happen only when I have come to a stop or close to one and I have taken my foot off the accelerator then it stops running. Thanks so much!
Expert:  Davo replied 10 years ago.
You should clean the throttle body with a tooth brush and some carb cleaner.If it still stalls I would replace the idle air control valve.