Rob826, I operate my own Auto repair Shop
Experience:  ASE certified all cars and Automotive business owner.

Drain the coolant on a 1998 chevy blazer, needs radiator flushed

Customer Question

how do i drain the coolant on a 1998 chevy blazer, needs radiator flushed
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Rob826 replied 10 years ago.

here it goes. Follow these steps and you you should be ok.

1. Make sure that the vehicle is cold.

2. Make sure you have a nice floor pan to catch any spilled coolant that might spill from the bucket that you are using to catch the old coolant.

3. Remove the belly pan from the vehicle if it has one. This is the plastiv that covers the bottom of the motor.

4.Locate the drain plug at the bottom of the Radiator. if you are looking at the motor from the front of the car the drain plug should be on your right hand side athe lower right corner of the Radiator.

You will need a small plier in order to grab the radiator drain plug and turn it about a 1/4 to 1/2 turn

5.Place a bucket under the flow of water and ctach the water from the Radiator. About 1 gallon or 1 1/2 gallons of water might come out of the radiator.

When refilling the radiator. Fill with one gallon of pure coolant and top off with as much water as it may need to fill.

Run the engine with the radiator cap off for the first 10 minutes. Turn your heater on high and onto its hottest setting

Replace the radiator cap and make sure it is nice and tight. continue running the engine at 2800 RPM untill the upper radiator hose is filled with water. this will take about 3 minutes running engine at 2800 RPM.

Check the hose by touching it and feel for it to be firm and hot. Continue running the engine at 2000 RPM for about 10 more minutes and you should be fine.

Thank you for trusting your automotive problems with us.

Your next step now is to hit the accept button and leave feedback for me.

If you have any further questions then feel free to reply.

Bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Thanks again..