ase_master327
ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience with Chevrolet. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.
907259

95 chevy beretta: paneling?? specifically the manual window crank

on a 95 chevy beretta 2dr how do you remove the paneling?? specifically the manual window crank?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  ase_master327 replied 8 years ago.
Hope this helps. If so, please click "ACCEPT"

1. If equipped with manual windows, remove the window regulator handle. A special window crank handle removal tool is usually required if there is not a phillips or Torx screw in the handle.

2. Remove the inside door handle and lock escutcheon.

3. Using Torx® No. 30, remove the pull handle screws.

4. Disengage the nine clips and velcro retainer with a door trim removal tool No. J 38778, or equivalent.

5. If necessary, remove the trim panel retaining screws.

6. Pull the trim upward and detach it from the inner sealing strip.

7. Remove the trim panel from the door.

8. Remove the clips and velcro retainer from the trim panel.

Click image to see an enlarged view
Unfasten the door handle escutcheon retaining screw

Click image to see an enlarged view
Remove the remaining escutcheon retaining screw(s) ...

Click image to see an enlarged view
... then maneuver the door handle escutcheon around the handle and out of the vehicle

Click image to see an enlarged view
Don't forget to detach the power window electrical connector from the escutcheon

Click image to see an enlarged view
Unfasten the door trim panel retaining screws located in the pull handle

Click image to see an enlarged view
Remove the screws located on the outer side of the trim panel

Click image to see an enlarged view
Unfasten the lower trim panel retaining screws

Click image to see an enlarged view
You can use a special tool to unfasten the trim panel retaining buttons

Click image to see an enlarged view
Remove the seat belt trim piece

Click image to see an enlarged view
Feed the bottom of the seat belt through the door trim panel ...

Click image to see an enlarged view
... then remove the door trim panel from the vehicle

Click image to see an enlarged view
Exploded view of the front door trim panel - 1991-96 Beretta

Click image to see an enlarged view
Front door inside handle and lock escutcheon - 1991-96 vehicles

To install:

1. Install the clips and velcro retainer to the trim panel.

2. Position the trim panel to the door and align the top edge to the inner sealing strip.

3. Press the trim panel into the sealing strip.

4. Route the door lock harness through the opening of the trim pad.

5. Install the trim panel to the door inner panel aligning the guide pins to the slots in the inner panel.

6. Position the clips against the holes in the door inner panel.

7. Apply pressure to secure to secure the velcro and engage the clips.

8. Using Torx® No. 30, install the pull handle screws.

9. Install the inside door handle and lock escutcheon.

10. Install the window regulator handle.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to ase_master327's Post: what kind of window handle removal tool do I need?? there is no screw holding the handle to the regulator. and how would I use this tool to take the handle off?
Here is a picture of the tool, they are less than $10 at autozone. Put a towel against the door panel (to protect it) and slide the tool between the handle & panel to remove the lock clip. You will feel when it lets go, then pull the handle off easily.
ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience: +15 years experience with Chevrolet. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.