Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

No dialtone. Have run out of callphone minutes and need

Customer Question

No dialtone. Have run out of callphone minutes and need landline to buy more time and load in cell phone. All internal connections proper Must be in outside line
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 12 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suggest that if you do not have a GMail account, that you register for one.

On your computer, once you have logged into your GMail account, you can make local and toll-free calls free of charge (and in fact most calls within the US) using Google Voice, which appears at the lower left of your GMail screen ... it may ask you to load a plugin first, but after that, using your computer's microphone to speak into, and its speakers (or headphone plugged into the computer) you may make calls, dialing them on a little pop-up keypad on the GMail screen in your web browser.

That's one way to get a means to call to get more minutes.

If you don't have a computer (or perhaps, also, if you have an Apple rather than a Windows computer), then the above doesn't apply... in that case, let me know, and I will offer other suggestions.