Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I just got a new phone to replace my old Trac phone. It has

Customer Question

I just got a new phone to replace my old Trac phone. It has been activated but asked for my e mail address, I entered that but it won't accept my Yahoo password. Therefore I can't make any calls My cell phone no. is(###) ###-####
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: I received it yesterday, it's new.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I talked with a lady today to get the phone activated and my minutes and airtime transferred she said everything was all set to go. I have my wifi set up but can't get past the e-mail.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want a phone I can use.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suspect that if it (a Tracfone phone) is asking for email address, you should enter the email address that you originally registered for Tracfone service with.

And then after that you should enter, not the password ***** your Yahoo! mail account, but rather the password ***** your Tracfone account.

Try that.

When in doubt, also, calling Tracfone customer support cannot hurt much - though trying what I advised first is definitely in order, to do first... but if that fails to work, you can either let me know, or call Tracfone at

1(###) ###-####/p>

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
MY OLD TRAC PHNE DID NOT REQUIRE AN E-MAIL ADDRESS I NEED TO CREATE ONE FOR THIS PHONE.

I see. Have you registered the new Tracfone to your Tracfone account first, though?