Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I tried to charge my new tracfone and all it does is show a

Customer Question

I tried to charge my new tracfone and all it does is show a battery with a question mark on the inside.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I just bought it from QVC. I have never used it yet. It is a Tracfone LG X style.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just plugged it in and left it overnight for the first time but this morning it is still showing a picture of a battery with a question mark.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do to charge it. Thanks
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com; I am Russell H., an Expert here at JustAnswer.com, and I will do what I can to answer your question as well as it can be answered.

How old is the 'new' Tracfone,

How long ago did you buy it?

and, Was it New, or Used/As-Is?

If it was bought New

If it was bought within a week ago,

and if it has been left on the charger for at least 5 hours continuously, with the same result, then you have a Tracfone with a defective battery. But check that the battery is present in the battery compartment (if it can be opened easily), and that it is inserted properly with its metal terminals turned toward and contacting the metal pins in the phone.

After that, take it back to the vendor or store, in original packaging, and ask for a return/exchange or a refund on the Tracfone, owing to its having a defective battery in it.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.