derrickonline
derrickonline, Information Technology Manager
Experience:  15 years of information technology experience, including mobile computing devices.
22792886

I have an apple phone. i shut it off on the airplane and now

Customer Question

I have an apple phone. i shut it off on the airplane and now it can not be turned on. I get the message activation lock. I enter mt apple id and pw and get the message they are incorrect
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  derrickonline replied 17 days ago.

I'd be more than happy to assist you. Activation Lock is typically activated when a phone is lost or stolen. Did you recently purchase this phone from someone?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
NO!!!!! i bought it new

This issue has happened to others in the past. I'll link you to some articles as evidence. In the meantime you'll have to call Apple to verify some information and have the erroneous activation lock removed: 1-800-MY-APPL

Articles Discussing the Issue: http://www.macrumors.com/2016/10/05/iphone-activation-lock-wrong-apple-id-issues/