Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

I have bought an used Samsgung Galaxy S7 Edge, but my

Customer Question

Hi there!I have bought an used Samsgung Galaxy S7 Edge, but my battery isn’t lasting longer than 6h.
I bought this model because everywhere I have researched, they said that the battery would last up to two days, but now, it isn’t lasting longer than 6h.
I don’t know how long it have been with the last owner, but honestly, it doesn’t seem to be more than 5 months, because it doesn’t have any scratches at all.What might be happening with it’s battery and what am I able to do to make it lasts at least 24h? Because I use my cell phone a lot (mainly whats app), so I need a way to fix it.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Samuel White replied 13 days ago.

I am Samuel and I will help you. Did the prior owner have the same issue with battery life?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Samuel!
I don't know, I bought it trough eBay and nothing was told about battery life.

Ok it is hard to determine battery issues when the battery is not accessible. So we have to assume it is either a software glitch causing the device to run harder than it should or a hardware issue (which for a S7 edge will be costly). To repair a glitch or corrupt software you should do a factory reset. Yes, this does remove all information that you have on the device that is not saved or backed up.