Richard, Technician
Experience:  Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years
32989067

I bought Motorola Droid Razr M to replace a four month old

Customer Question

I bought Motorola Droid Razr M to replace a four month old Galaxy J3. It came without a sim card, but is a Verizon phone. It is new and came in an unopened box. The technicians at the Verizon store could not get it to recognize a simm card no mater what they did. I saw that this was a problem and that Verizon has a solution. Could you help me with that, so I can print it and bring it back to the store?
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

The Sim card is from Verizon correct?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The phone is a Verizon. The phone did not come with a SIM card. That's why I went to the Verizon store. They did not give me.one. told me to.send it back
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

ok, but if Verizon did not give you the SIM card, where is this SIM card coming from?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Again, I don't have a SIM card. The techs at the Verizon store provides a SIM. Could not get the phone to recognise the SIM card. They took it out. Told me to send the phone back. I checked on line. Found that this was an issue, but there was a way to get it done. I am asking you for the procedure to make it work so I can go back to the store, with your procedure in hand and get the issue resolved
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Once you have the resolution I would ask that you email it to me
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

Without having the Sim card there is not a lot we can do apart from the last resort which is a total reset

This will wipe all data and return it to new, so it will rule out any software issues causing this.

To do this you go to settings, Backup and Reset, Factory Data Reset

Let this complete, set up the phone again and then put in the SIM card

If it still fails it is 100% a hardware fault with wither the SIM port or mainboard and they would need to replace the phone.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
This is no help at all. If you were to Google the problem on line, you would see that this is not a new problem and there is a procedure to address it. My.mistake is that apparently picked the wrong service to ask for the solution.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
If you can't help or won't do the research needed to get to the solution, I want a refund
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

How is it no help?

Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

you asked for the procedure which I gave, I do not understand now the issue. I do not need Google this, I have been doing this for many years.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
You took the easy way out. No research.
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

how have you come to all these conclusions? I do not need to research I gave you the procedure to do to rule out if it is hardware all software.

With all due respect Stephen, what is actually the problem here your making a complaint about?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I want a refund. Found the answer myself.
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

you found the answer? Even though you do not have the sim card there to actually use?

No problem Stephen, ill process the refund.