Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

Uber has been trying to send a code to my phone but it never

Customer Question

Uber has been trying to send a code to my phone but it never gets here. Are these codes blocked from my phone?(###) ###-####
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: It is a 5s
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: A couple of days? I don't know what to try. I am able to receive text messages from other people.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Samuel White replied 6 months ago.

I am Samuel and I will help you. So you're trying to register for Uber and they're sending you a validation code via text that you are not receiving?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Correct
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Cell phone number of the problem is(###) ###-####

Who is the mobile carrier for your phone?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
At&t

When signing up to ride with Uber you must provide and verify your mobile number.

After you provide your number, we send you a verification message. If you confirm that you entered your correct phone number but did not receive this message immediately, it is likely your mobile carrier may be blocking the short code SMS that Uber uses to contact you.

Please contact your mobile provider to confirm that short code SMS is enabled for your mobile account.

After confirming, if your phone still hasn’t received a verification SMS, please share your mobile number at the link below. We’ll make sure your account is set up correctly.

https://help.uber.com/h/b2719820-a8ad-4655-a3b9-3f3e91110b39