Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

How do you unlock a Tracfone, Alcatel A205G/ New, JUST

Customer Question

How do you unlock a Tracfone
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Alcatel A205G/ New
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: JUST NOTICED PROBLEM. Don't know about any troubleshooting.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I bought additional minutes for the phone yesterday. I was charged $102.96??, but no additional minutes ever appeared on phone.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Samuel White replied 17 days ago.

I am Samuel and I will help you today.

What do you mean by unlocking the phone please?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Samuel, we have already managed to unlock our phone so that is no longer a problem. However, there is an exclamation mark in a red square beside a picture of a phone and a numeral "2" in a red circle in the middle of the screen. What are these? And what do we do about them?

I had the same problem. It means that you got one of those automatic emergency alerts (Amber alert or such). They don`t show up in your regular messages (at least it didn`t on mine), you have to click on the button with the envelope on it, then I guess if you read it, it should clear the icon.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I don't have a button with an envelope on it.

I am sorry I miss understood you.

The phone is telling you that the voicemail is not set up, Press and hold the 1 key to call your voice mail and follow the set up directions.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
To get rid of the numerals in red circles which appear on my screen, you say I need to activate voice mail. How do I activate voice mail? I do not know how.
Expert:  Samuel White replied 16 days ago.

When you press and hold the #1 key it calls voicemail and it should walk you through the set up. You can always call me and I can walk you through it also.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Samuel. my Tracfone screen reads that I have only 4 days of service left. But on Nov ember 17 I bought from them 800 more minutes. I was charged by them and received a receipt for $109.65. BUT the new expiration date on my phone has not changed. IT STILL READS I HAVE ONLY 4 DAYS OF SERVICE LEFT.
I do not know how to get in touch with them. Do I really have the service or not? What should I do?