Richard, Technician
Experience:  Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years
32989067

Are Verizon iPhone 7 unlocked and work with all carriers in

Are Verizon iPhone 7 unlocked and work with all carriers in the US, China, and international?I heard Verizon's iphone 5 series are all unlocked.

Hi there and welcome

Yes, the Verizon models of iPhones (all of which are unlocked) will work on any carries using GSM in the US and international. Whether or not they will work on a CDMA carrier in China is a different question. Generally, CDMA providers only allow phones on their networks that were sold for use on their network. Also, some carriers in China use what's sometimes called "WCDMA". That wouldn't be supported. I would consult the Chinese carrier for more information as it will differ per carrier.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for your answer. I am puzzled by all the conflicting answers. Some say that a phone needs to be full priced to be fully unlocked.So from what I read from your answers a Verizon phone can also be used on a Sprint network.Though in China I guess it's best to go with GSM. Though my ex
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Experience with previous iPhones they do roam with CDMA networks in China, HK, Taiwan, and Japan. That is if I use it without inserting a local SIM card. Though I guess it's easier to go with GSM carriers if possible which I am willing to do. Though this might not suffice in places like South Korea and Japan may not have GSM.

It is always easiest to go with GSM as this is the most commonly used standard internationally.

But yes there are some countries that do not use it, but by far the majority is GSM

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Good answers though do phone switch between CDMA carriers by SIM card just like they do between GSM carriers.

Previously not as it was built in but now it is more common they use a UICC/CSIM card, similar to a SIM card. But having one does not guarantee it works on all carriers as the carrier needs to allow the phone.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks it appears CSIM cards are popular in Asia for CDMA carriers for quite a while, though it took much longer for it to enter the US market where CDMA phones were originally locked to one carrier only.

yes, they are becoming popular, even Verizon has started using them

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your help Richard.