Joe
Joe, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  Electronics has been my highest study connections and repair
20508815

Tried to activate new phone Nov 10. Was told I needed new

Customer Question

tried to activate new phone Nov 10. Was told I needed new sim card which came today. My ticket number is(###) ###-####
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: Just got it in mail last week. an alcatel one touchandroid smartphone
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I chatted with Vilma to set it up. I can make & recalls now so am wondering what the deal was for a new sim card.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also want tom know how I can see how many minutes I have & is it best to have a monthly payment or add when I buy card. Also do I need separate card for data? When I ordered new phone agent told me s was best one for what I used. I'm an old lady & not so sure I can keep up with new tech!!
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Joe replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

In terms of being able to activate and use you will have to call your service provider to activate that sim card on your account, to which it will then be able to be used, unless they sent you paperwork on how to activate it otherwise. We do not have access to your account so we cannot access that info but they will also be able to provide you with the mins and be able to go over buying mins/prepaid vs monthly plans that may better suit your needs.

Since we are not that carrier I can only assist and instruct you with calling your service provider and what needs done, it's usually pretty quick over the phone.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.