Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

It's OK. Our problem is with our regular, which has been

Customer Question

It's OK. Our problem is with our regular, which has been dead for a week. The on-line troubleshooter said to check the outside box by plugging in the phone directly to it. I did that, but we actually have two "in" lines, one of which is dead, and the other has a live line, but that apparently has another purpose other than to supply us service. I thought a service person was coming here today, but nobody came. Can you check what happened to that? Our home phone is(###) ###-####(not working now). Our cell is(###) ###-####
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: About 3 and a half years. We have three equal hand set, all of which display the message "no line". NO dial tone all. this time.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: My computer inadvertently dropped offline. I am back. Did you get my earlier note describing my problem?
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am surprised if I get somebody live, but that would be great. Thank you.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Pete replied 25 days ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 25 days ago.

Who is your landline service provider?