Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Tv remote does not shut off, mute or adjust volume, LG 60"

Customer Question

Tv remote does not shut off, mute or adjust volume
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: LG 60" flat screen
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: One day
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm disabled and in a wheelchair so there's not much I'm able to do and I need my tv
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. Unfortunately this indicates a fault in the TV's Mainboard, which in some cases actually requires repairs to the set be made (On a 60" LG the average cost is between $250-$300 parts and labor depending on the exact model number).

However in order to attempt to reset the TV, someone must be able to perform the following steps:

1) Unplug the TV's power cord.

2) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 15 seconds and release.

3) Wait 2 minutes, then plug the set back in and see if it powers up and operates normally.

Additionally those steps must sometimes be tried up to three times to fully work and reset the TV's processor.

Alternatively, if you're not able to, nor able to get someone else to perform these steps, then there isn't anything else on a user level you can try and would need to get someone to come in home. In that case youcan locate a TV repair technician to come in home, at the link below:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

Please review my answer to your question above.

Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Problem corrected. Done thank u
Expert:  Aric replied 22 days ago.

You're welcome. Can you please click a POSITIVE RATING so that I am credited for my efforts?

Expert:  Aric replied 22 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?