Richard, Technician
Experience:  Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years
32989067

Picked up an Iphone 6s today at local store. I need to

Customer Question

Picked up an Iphone 6s today at local store. I need to transfer information from icloud that was on my 5s.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: My 5s is about 3 years old. Was backed up to the icloud as of yesterday morning at 4:30 am. Sales Associate set up 6S today to get me started. Said I would need to transfer info from Icloud at home because of time required. I thought I was doing what was needed but evidently not.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Reset all settings under Setting General. Screen was only black for about 30 minutes and then home screen came back on. I checked my contact file for a contact that I knew was in 5s but did not come up with original contacts pulled in by sales associate.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Unfortunately I am an older adult and really don't understand what I need to do. I usually can work through things with instructions.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

It is best to reset the phone then restore the settings from your iCloud account as it appears this was not done correctly.

Go to settings, general, erase all content and reset settings.

Once done, when setting up the phone again, make sure to sign in with the same Apple ID that you used on the old phone.

Then when you are asked to restore backup from iCloud, choose yes

This will then make your phone exactly as the old one was

Let me know please how you go.