Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

Have a new router how do I connect my kindle, paper 6th

Customer Question

have a new router how do I connect my kindle
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: paper white 6th generation
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: called veriaon last night very nice young man finlly decided that problem had to be in router. Am to receive hew router today. How do I connect to be able to find Verizon networks????????
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: telephone man set up old router and password. I know password ***** how to I enter new router number???????
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Samuel White replied 1 month ago.

So from the sounds of it here is a new Wireless Wi-Fi connection and they did not supply you with the new modem name and password?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I willhave he modem name and I know my pass word, so what do I do when I get the new modum???????Do I have to change my password???????????

Ok so need to update the password ***** the kindle correct? If so try this please:

Swipe down from the top of the screen to show Quick Settings, and then tap Wireless. Tap a network to connect to it. There should be a password *****

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do I have to enter a number from the modum into my kindle????? And will my pass word stay the same?????

Your Kindle should auto detect the network number and you click on that network. Then you would enter the new password.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can I keep the same password? I don't understand if I have to enter a number from the backof the modum into my kindle???

It sounds like, based on the information you have given me, you have to use the numbers as your new password.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you mean the numbers on the backof the new modum??

Correct, by default it is the password.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I was first trying to set up my kindle they told me to ennnnter the number from the backof the modum, however we had gotten a new modum and the number on the modum was not the original one and would not work. The Verizon telephone man came out on a phone problem and set it up for m and gave me thepassword. So I don't know exactly what he did.

So if he did everything correct you would find the modem on your kindles wifi list and either enter the password ***** gave you or, if it already has a password ***** delete it and enter the one he gave you.

Expert:  Samuel White replied 28 days ago.

How did things go?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
not well. still can't connect to modum. am waiting at the moment for a tech from Verizon to come out.
Expert:  Samuel White replied 26 days ago.

I see I was thinking that may be the result as it sounds like something was not set up correctly. I hope all goes well!