Samuel White
Samuel White, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  Verizon Tech Manager multi-unit
95461549

My phone say I have no sim and i do when I try to get to my

Customer Question

My phone say I have no sim and i do when I try to get to my photo and it won't let me take pictures
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: It is a HUAwEI model H866C I brought it about three years ago it works good and this just happen today
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just started today I took off messages and cleaned caller log but I can't get into pictures I've took sim out and put back no luck
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Samuel White replied 2 months ago.

I am Samuel and I will help you. The sim does not hold pictures that is the sd or memory card that does that.

The card you put in is it black?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Ok that is the memory card. Is there another card in the device?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I pull up screen it says SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem

Under the back cover there should be a spot for a secondary card... the sim card. Can you see if one is there?

OK I see. It sounds like the sim is corrupted. Do you have a computer to put the memory card into to see if the pictures are there?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I don't see any place for second card

Let me found out where it is. One moment please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I don't I never had this show up when I check format SD card it says if I want to format all data will be lost
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you still with me

When you get this error it is letting you know a folder or file is generating on error which will not allow the sd card to be read correctly. Formatting fixes this but in order to do it ...yes I am here

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
In order to do it what
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will I lose my pictures
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I go to text to try and enlarge pic I sent I cant

in order to do it it must delete all the files. You can try plugging into a pc to try a recover the pictures or at times the machines at walmart etc work to recover the pictures before you reformat. You have to give me a bit of time to reply please as there is a small delay in me getting your message.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok I can't get to Walmart. Tonight and don't have a pc

I do not want you to think this is my opinion. This is from the manufacture of the sd cards:

you can not format with out erasing the pics. if the computer is telling you you need to format it means the file allocation table is corrupt or missing. the only way to gain access to the card will be to format it. if format completes successfully then you can likely recover the pictures using a data recovery program like rescue pro or pc inspector. there are literally tons of data recovery apps available so just find one you like and give it a try. if format does not complete then the card is dead. if you need the data off of a dead card you will need to send it to a company that provides data recovery services.

It is not a great answer but it is how the cards work unfortunately. I have lost pictures due to this in the past. It is not a good issue.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I should format it is what you are saying

Honestly if it were me I would try and wait until I can try getting it into a PC as they can read a card at times even if a phone gives you an error. After that you are left hoping the format repairs the card for future use which is not a guarantee. Also reformatting will erase the data on the card.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can I put in a new SD card

Yes you can. Are you trying to move pictures from the phone to the card?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Trying to keep what I have taken

What you have taken is saved to the phone? or to the card?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't know I just take them

I only ask because if they are on they card putting in a new card won't help. Also just a heads up to protect the card in the future these are the safe removal instructions for an sd card:

Scroll down the Storage screen and near the bottom you'll find what we're looking for. Tap the Unmount SD Card button. And then tap OK to confirm in the pop-up that appears. The SD card will un-mount and a notification will appear saying “SD card safe to remove.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I put in new card and I want to know if I take the card to Walmart can I get the pictures

You have to move the picture to the card.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They must be on card for they aren't in folders or phone but camera works now so is it possible to get on computer or on disc at walmarts

Oh yes if they are on the card it works quite easy at Walmart!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can I just take SD card there and not have it in phone

I would bring the phone with you but yes the card goes directly into the computer at walmart.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But if it don't work in phone how can they get to them

I thought you said you have a new one and it is working?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I put the new SD in phone and took old out can I get the pic off the old one

If the pictures are on the old card and that card is corrupt than unfortunately no

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Why can't I get to my old files since some pic were there
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can I get them if I go on computer

Based on what information you have given my the files on the card are not able to be read due to them being corrupt. If you are seeing files they are probably saved on the device themselves. Pulling them into the computer may help but is not very simple.

I am going to be signing off for a while can I help you more at another time please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It fine thanks for your help

I would be glad to help you more at an other time. Was my service at least ok for you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank now how do I cancel this site since I don't want to be charged each month

Great I am glad and best wishes on your pictures! Please take a second to rate your service for the Stars and the page. I am a contractor expert so I actually don't handle your billing but from your account page you should be able to reach out to customer service to handle any cancellation request. Thanks for your time please don't forget to rate!

Is there any other help you need? If not please rate so I can close this request! Thanks so much!