Josh, Technician
Experience:  Cell phone expert
50836188

I have 2 iphones. a 5 and a new 6. I took the 5 off and

Customer Question

I have 2 iphones. a 5 and a new 6. I took the 5 off and connected same service to my iPhone 6. I have/had the same phone numbers on both phones. I am giving old 5 to son. How do I distinguish to you which that if I want to unlock only the iPhone (5)?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: the 5? it was recently transferred to 6
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am just now trying to fill out the form to get the old 5 unlocked, but since it has the same phone number as my new 6 will that cause a problem? I don't want to unlock the iPhone 6, that is currently connected with you, just the old iPhone 5
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

Having the old phone number on the iPhone5 will not do anything to your current number and phone.

If the phone has been removed from your plan then your son can activate it on his plan without any issues. The easiest way to complete the steps is to call your cell phone provider and they will ask for a couple of numbers off the phone but they can set it up while you are on the phone with them.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.