Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

How can I unlock a cell phone screen if I forgot the

Customer Question

how can I unlock a cell phone screen if I forgot the password ***** Vision 3 LTE
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is your cell phone configured to a Google account? If so, then doing a recovery of your Google email account's password, or a reset of it, patiently and carefully, may be able to get you access to your cell phone again.

But tell me: when does it prompt for a password? and what words/text accompany the prompt?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it is Google. It prompts for a password ***** a number pad.

Does it prompt for a PASSWORD ?

Or perhaps a PIN, or a PUK ?

The number pad hints that it might not be a regular password.

How did this come about? what were you doing with the phone just when it first prompted for this (password/PIN/etc.) ?

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Prompts for a Pin, I'm sorry for using the term password. I have my phone charging. I tried everything and wore down the battery earlier in the PM.

OK, I see.

Do you know the PIN in question?

How did the problem actually start? this is an important point, which is why I'm asking about it. A password/PIN/whatever is prompted for because something, some event, came to pass.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well, that is my home number. I was afraid because of the low battery and the lock. Cell phone is(###) ###-#### I may have accidentally hit the lock icon.

I feel that I am not making progress on this case, so I have Opted Out, opening the case to all other Experts in this category.

Your Phone Call request is also open to all other Experts.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Expert:  Samuel White replied 1 month ago.

I am Samuel and would like to help you.