Terry Parker
Terry Parker, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  Device Technician at Batteries Plus Bulbs
94245276

I dropped my Verizon android phone # xt1030 CEO168! INTO

Customer Question

I dropped my Verizon android phone # xt1030 CEO168! INTO WATER & what can I do to restore it to use??
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Samuel White replied 7 months ago.

I would say to quickly remove the back and battery drty what you can with a towel and put it back in the rice.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO POWER ON!!!

Were you able to do that ok?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm 72 yrs old & I need your direction to remove the battery.. Also , what is the telephone number for your company, Just Answer..

You do not dial in we call you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't have access to a phone..

It is hard to say how unless you know what device it is because they are all different.

If you do not have another phone I will continue to help here

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Verizon Android Model #1030

Is it a smaller black phone?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Samuel, Yes

Ok that one has no accessible battery so just try the rice. The hard part of rice is it can take a day or 2 to dry a phone... and it is not 100% that the phone will work.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When should I plug into charger??

I would say if it says like it is dry for the most part (no signs of water/condensation etc) probably not until tomorrow at least

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, How do I cancel my free trial with Just answer going forward.. If this doesn't work then I want to make sure I'm not charged for membership fees going forward?? And is there a survey for me to fill out for your helping me??

I am not sure how that process goes. I am a phone and computer expert I only handle your questions. I am sure they have information in the help section. I hope that it helps your phone!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What is the telephone number to call??
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will I get an "E" mail confirming our discussions??

Check out the help section. I literally just field tech support questions. I believe you get a email of everything we have spoken about. I can try and forward you to the customer service section! Best of luck!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks, Samuel
Expert:  Terry Parker replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be your device technician for the day. What is it that I can help you with?

Okay I see you dropped your phone in water. Well the drying it out with rice isn't a good solution, but what you can do is but a spray called "Deoxit," which is really good for phones that has been water damage. All you do is spray it on the motherboard and scrub it until dry and it should work. Me personally I would repeat the steps a couple of times before drying. If you are unable to figure it out you should take it to a cell phone repair store and have them do it. If you have anymore questions please let me know. Please also rate me on my service.