Nathan, Customer Service
Experience:  Expert with smartphones, iphone

EL52106 Don't know how to activate the Answering System, 1

Customer Question

EL52106 Don't know how to activate the Answering System
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 1 year or less ATT Cprdless
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have never understood what to do. I needed some phone desperately and have misplaced the manual (I did glance at it) but I shy away from technical things
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a charge for this service
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Cell Phone Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: I will base my happiness on how easy it is to get done; I am 74 and I guess I could find a friend to pour over a manual for me
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Nathan replied 17 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 17 days ago.

On the ATT's base station, there is a button at the lower right corner that says ANS ON/OFF.

Pressing that once will turn the answering system on, which will play a default greeting (please leave a message) after 4 rings. That button will light up when it is turned on.

If you'd like help changing the number of rings or recording a personal greeting I can help with that too.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
i NEVER SEE ANY NUMBERS IN THE WINDOW THAT IS SUPPOSED TO TELL ME ABOUT THE NUMBER OF MESSAGES LEFT. I don't know how to access the messages even if there is a number.
---You haven't solved my problem yet
Expert:  Nathan replied 17 days ago.

Your initial question was how to activate it, meaning to turn it on.

It will not show any numbers up to this point it it was not turned on previously.

Follow the above steps to turn it on, and then after people start leaving you messages only then will you see a number.

Expert:  Nathan replied 17 days ago.

To listen to your messages, when you have some, all you have to do is press the PLAY button on the base.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
That is too expensive. I am not satisfied and I want my $5.00 back
Expert:  Nathan replied 17 days ago.

If you are referring to a call option that is an automated advertisement which you may ignore.

I've given you very simple and specific steps to follow which will resolve your issue.

Expert:  Nathan replied 13 days ago.

Do you need more help with this?