Samuel White
Samuel White, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  Verizon Tech Manager multi-unit
95461549

My email was hacked on 9/21/16 and so changed my email

Customer Question

My email was hacked on 9/21/16 and so changed my email password ***** the advice of a friend. Now I can't get email on any of my devices (phone, ipad, laptop. I can send mail from my laptop - but not from my devices. I have used the yahoo app to get mail on my phone, but realized today that I am not getting all my mail on that either.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: Its a 6s and I bought it early in September
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has been going on since I changed the password ***** my email (yahoo/att). I changed the email password ***** the phone. I was on vacation in Europe so haven't done anything else
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Since you changed your password, your devices aren't able to get into email because they are still using the old password. Delete the email app, go to the app store, and download the app again. This will allow you to enter your email address and new password, and your emails will return.

Good job on changing your password! That is the exact thing that needs to be done when you get hacked. It is a good idea to change the password ***** all of your accounts that are linked to your email as well. They can get into your Facebook, and other accounts that use the same password ***** got hacked.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I would rather use the apple mail that is on the devices and not the yahoo app -
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't want to pay for this so I will try another avenue - thanks
Expert:  Samuel White replied 6 months ago.

Were you able to update the passwords on the devices?