Viet-Cell Phone Tech
Viet-Cell Phone Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot all cell phones.
30037186

My phone is locked out. It will not accept my finger print

Customer Question

my phone is locked out. It will not accept my finger print until I put in my 6 digit code. I have tried every iteration of numbers I can remember and non seem to be right. So what am I to do?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: Less than a year.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Today. The blasted thing is in my wife's name....probably part of the problem.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: What would help you? Her # is(###) ###-####....mine is(###) ###-####
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Viet-Cell Phone Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. Open iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer. (If needed, download and install the latest iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first.)
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPhone to the computer with the USB Cable.
  3. On the iPhone, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 11 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.

Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times, or so.

- You can also see the video instructions at the website below; it may be easier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_JY750KUmk

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

If you do not have an iPhone, but a different phone, please let me know the model of your phone, so I can provider another solution.

- If there is still any issue, please let me know if you also have a Windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10 computer, or a Mac computer.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,