Viet-Cell Phone Tech
Viet-Cell Phone Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot all cell phones.
30037186

My apple cell phone is locked up. it tells me to hook up to

Customer Question

my apple cell phone is locked up. it tells me to hook up to iTunes. it says it is disabled
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: 6 months old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: turned it all the way off. at first it said to try again I'm=n 5 minute, then 15 minutes then 1 hour.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: help it asked for a code that I didn't have at first. it had me upgrade about a week ago and took my finger print. I think I put a credit card to close and it did something to it
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Viet-Cell Phone Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. If possible, press & hold the Power button on the iPhone until it lets you slide to turn off, then slide to power off.
  2. Open iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  3. Connect the iPhone to the computer with the USB Cable.
  4. On the iPhone, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  5. After 11 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
  6. Click OK or Restore / factory reset.

Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times, or so.

- You can also see the video instructions at the website below; it may be easier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_JY750KUmk

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you

Note: If your computer does not have the iTunes program, please download / intall the iTunes program at the Apple website below on your computer first:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download

, then try the steps in my previous reply above in order to fix your iPad.

- If there is still any issue, please let me know if you also have a Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10 computer, or a Mac computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,