Nathan, Customer Service
Experience:  Expert with smartphones, iphone
59725966

It is not my cell phone it is my desk phone model no.82401.

Customer Question

it is not my cell phone it is my desk phone model no.82401. How do i make a forward call?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: 3/10/2015
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I use to forward my phone calls to my cell phone when I was not going to be home but I have forgotten how I do that.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is all I want to know if you could just tell me how to do that.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello LaVone,

This is a very basic model home phone, and because it is a single line system, it is not capable of call forwarding.

Business systems can do call forwarding because they typically have multiple lines available.

That doesn't mean you can't forward calls, it just is not a function of your ATT hardware.

Rather you would do this as part of a feature/service provided by your phone company.

On most, but not all, phone companies will permit this so long as it is part of the service you subscribe to, and most engage call forwarding by picking up the line, get a dial tone, and key in *72, followed by the number you want calls forwarded to, then hang up.

To cancel it, dial *73 from the home phone.

If this does not work, it doesn't mean you can use forwarding, just that you have to call your phone provider and ask them if the feature is enabled and what command/code they use to program the forwarding.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?