Josh, Technician
Experience:  Cell phone expert
50836188

I have a new I phone that I purchased last Saturday, have

Customer Question

I have a new I phone that I purchased last Saturday, have been having some issues and went back to Verizon store in Punt Gorda, Fl. today and they set some of the settings. Now I cannot call out or receive calls, it says "Sim invalid" what can I do
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: 1 week 6S
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I was at the store today as I couldn't receive calls or had no service in several areas of my home, before I had a 5S and had no difficulty with anything.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is all currently
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

If you see an alert that says Invalid SIM or No SIM Card installed, follow these steps.

1. Make sure that you have an active plan with your wireless carrier.
  2. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
  3. Go to Settings and turn on airplane mode. Wait about 10 seconds, then turn off Airplane Mode.
  4. Restart your iPhone. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see the slider. Drag the slider to turn off your device. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.
  5. Check for a carrier settings update. Go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see a prompt to select OK or Update.
  6. Remove your SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back. Make sure that the SIM tray closes completely and isn’t loose. If you use a SIM tray from a different model iPhone or from another phone manufacturer, it might not fit properly.
  7. Try using another SIM card. If you don't have one, go to your carrier's retail store and ask them to test with another SIM card. You might need to replace your SIM card.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.