Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself

I think I have call forwarding by mistake on my smart phone

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm sorry to hear that you have this problem with the phone. Please tell me more about how it is behaving and what you have observed, so that I may know what advice to give to help you through the problem. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I sometimes get duplicates and even triplicate of emails...Example: replies to VW claims from this diesel global claim.
Perhaps that would help you. Aol switch was set to 'no forwarding' .Hope that was helpful.

If the emails that you get duplicates of, are 'autorespond' emails, then you may be sending duplicates, simply by pressing 'Send' several times owing to impatience or a slow system.

If the emails that you get duplicates of, are from very few originating addresses... then the fault is probably in the originating server. I once (in the late 1990s) got about several hundred emails from the same address in one day, owing to their server being completely misconfigured in a very bungling way. That can happen.

Try sending yourself ONE email, as a test. Be sure to click on 'Send' only ONCE.

If you only get one copy, there is no forwarding/duplication involved, I don't think.

Does this answer your question?