Dustin, Technician
Experience:  5 years setting up CDMA and GSM networks, and repairing the devices that go along with those networks.
19897260

Good athernoon I want to know how to block a anonimou number

Customer Question

hi good athernoon I want to know how to block a anonimou number In the pantech phone
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: i Dont know is very old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: scam number?
JA: The phone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I want to know how block the scam number but i nly have the model; P2030
Category: Cell Phones
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how can I block a scam number?
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Who is y our phone service with?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
service is at&t
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is my grathma cellphone
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Thank you. T he first thing I would do is register the number with the federal do not call list.. This will stop legitimate advertisers and marketers from calling. https://www.donotcall.gov/

Once that is done, pressing press *77 on some AT&T phones works, but nowadays most call blocking is done through apps on the phone.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no register number say can no found the number and try again
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

To be clear, its your Grandmothers number you want to register on the Do not Call list.

Are you saying when you try to enter your grandmothers number in the do not call list, it says her number cant be found?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
when I do the register complete i press *77 only say no found and try again?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I try to my cell phonei say the same
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

You dont enter *77 on the National do not call page. Can you clarify, did you already submit her number to the do not call page?

if so, then entering *77 only works for AT&T phones. The next time that the anonymous number calls. After the call stops ( dont answer it)

Then, hit *77

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i do i enter my grand number in national do not call page and then I use the *77 in my grandma phone'
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Ok, if you have her number in the national do not call page, the vast majority of calls should stop coming in soon.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok i try to press the number *77 agin and say is not complete? why? i do all?
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

S ince you are in Puerto Rico, there may be some differences in the call block procedure. registering on the do not call list was the most important step. After a few days, those calls will stop coming through for the most part.

Now, it may be simpler to call customer service for At&T and ask them how to block unknown callers on your phone.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is from Puerto Rico but the phone is coming in OHIO orginal
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
okay I try to call the company At&t
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks for help
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

As mentioned, registering on the do not call list is the most important step.

As far as blocking all calls from unknown numbers, Its still best you call into AT&T. They offer different steps for different models of pantech phones, and since the *77 step isnt working, a quick call should be able to clear up how to block unknown callers.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
okay I try to talk to company and said the problem the number why not work Thanks
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Im not sure what you are saying exactly, but I hope they were able to help you block those unknown calls for now?

After a few days when the registration on the do not call list goes through, that will block any legitimate advertisers or marketers. At that point any marketer that calls you can safely assume is not legitimate as any legitimate business wont call a number on the do not call list as they could be sued for it.

If you have any further questions, let me know.

Dustin S.

Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Hello again, I never heard back from you. Did you still need help with this issue?

Please respond so we can continue working on this issue or mark it as solved / closed.

Dustin S