Josh, Technician
Experience:  Cell phone expert
50836188

I forgot my paswood on my boost mobile phone and I'm locked

Customer Question

I forgot my paswood on my boost mobile phone and I'm locked out
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: galaxy s7 not that old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried to put in different paswords none are right
JA: The phone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Hi!

You can try using the Android Device Manager to reset the passcode if you have already registered it.

Click here: https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager

• Find your Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge on the screen
  • Enable “Lock & Erase” feature
  • Then follow the given steps on the page to lock your phone
  • Set a temporary password
  • Enter the temporary password
  • Create a new password

If you did not register it then you will need to do a factory reset to bypass the code.

1. Turn off the Galaxy S7.
  2. Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
  3. Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
  4. Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
  5. After the Galaxy S7 has rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
  6. When the Galaxy S7 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.