JA Engineer
JA Engineer, Engineer
Experience:  Broadcast Engineer for over 7 years.
53814968

I am trying to download the pictures to my PC, I just plug

Customer Question

I am trying to download the pictures to my PC
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I just plug in my phone
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: its new
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have not tied any
JA: The phone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: not really
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  JA Engineer replied 6 months ago.

Hello and good night.

When you connect the phone to your PC, a notification appears on the phone screen that says "Turn On USB Storage" or something similar. If your phone screen is locked, unlock it and you should see that notification. Click on the "Turn On USB Storage" button until it says "Turn Off USB Storage". Now go to your computer and open Windows Explorer and look for a drive letter like E: or F: or G: or H: (it all depends on how many other hard drives and disk drives are in your PC). If you see any of those letters, click on it and it will show all the files and directories on your phone. The pictures are usually located in a sub-folder in the DCIM directory. Click on all the folders under that directory until you open the one that has your pictures. You can select any or all the pictures and copy them to your PC like normal.

Once you have finished copying the files to your PC, click on "Turn Off USB Storage" before disconnecting the USB cable from the PC.

Hello.

I have not heard back from you and was wondering if I was able to successfully help you download the pictures to your PC.

Please remember to click on 3 or more stars and click Submit so that I can be paid for helping you.

Have a good night.