Dustin, Technician
Experience:  5 years setting up CDMA and GSM networks, and repairing the devices that go along with those networks.
19897260

I purchased an I5 about a month ago. My phone is using about

Customer Question

I purchased an I5 about a month ago. My phone is using about 10% of its battery per hour even when I am not using it. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks,
Wally
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

There are certain apps that will drain your battery and certain functions.. Such as the GPS location function, it constantly uses power, and also the wifi connection app, also uses power.

Probably the easiest and most user friendly way to shut down apps you dont need at the time, and to maximize your battery life is with the free app battery doctor. This page explains what it is and how to use it

http://www.guidingtech.com/19333/detailed-battery-stats-iphone-optimize-doctor/

And you can download it for free from the apple store on this page

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/battery-doctor-master-battery/id446751279?mt=8

Keep in mind, this is a free program so you may have to deal with ads. But it works and will definitely help extend your battery life. Just use the app to shut down as much as possible on the phone to save your battery. And then when you want to use the phone, just open the phone and use it normally. ( and when your not using, pop open the battery doctor app and quickly turn off what you arent using with a few taps_)

If you have further questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.