Richard, Technician
Experience:  Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years

I am an loyal lg cell user I switched from apple and never

Customer Question

i am an loyal lg cell user I switched from apple and never went back My lg 3 broke 3 times and i paid out of pocket the last time for a brand new g4, i have at&t they say i have to get a new phone through my insurance and it will be like 300 co pay (my screen broke once and already paid 300 for replacement and the phone i pay in installments of 27 bucks it was almost 800 bucks.... so if i pay again that will be 600 in less than 6 months in repairs plus still have to pay the 800 off....1400 for a g4 is beyond ridiculous) anyways the phone out of nowhere yesterday turned itself off. it did the update to the recent software like last week i think. i tried to turn it back on but only get the lg life is good black screen and it gets extremely hot. my battery died from full charge trying to wait out the rebooting. I got the blinking blue light and the white screen before home screen. once in blue moon it would say optimizing apps and got through 2 and then back to black lg this time no blinky blue notification light. i looked online and saw alot say tha the lg g4 cells did this and had to be replaced. i tried a save mode restart and was able to get my phone one 2 times out of the 30 times i tried. both times i was only able to access my phone for short time first was 2 minutes( i deleted some files and photos cause it said that i was running out of space and some things might not function correctly) second time was just enough to click my email and see how many i had like 30 seconds or so. what should i do?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

From what you described this is the internal memory that's faulting

The firmware runs from this and it cannot be read correctly, this is why it is not starting correctly.

Unfortunately this issue requires the mainboard to be replaced, which is a costly repair if you need to pay for it yourself.

But your only option Carolyn is to have the mainboard replaced under warranty or consider having the phone replaced as replacing the mainboard at your own expense is not worth it in the long run.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I replace under warrenty and do I need to go to At&T for it.... or would I be charged 300 to replace it through my insurance. As I mentioned then id be at 600 for phone already not including the 800 im paying off
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

It is covered under the warranty Carolyn, insurance is when you caused the issue, ie: Dropping it in water, which you did not, AT&T need to replace it under warranty for you at no cost.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you