Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

My phone is asking Code, 2 years old it is an Iphone 5, I

Customer Question

my phone is asking for PUK Code
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: 2 years old it is an Iphone 5
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried taking out the SIM card
JA: The phone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cell Phone Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

PUK code is the unique special key that you use to unlock the SIM card. Sometimes when you turn off the iPhone and turn it back on or replace SIM, it will ask for PUK code. It is asking you to enter it, so it can verify you are the correct owner of the SIM card. Only two people knows it. You and your carrier network. Check the papers came with your SIM and you will see the PUK code on it.

Your SIM is currently blocked and you need the PUK code to unlock it. If you don't have the papers came with your SIM, card then you have to contact your carrier network(AT&T, Verizon etc) to get the PUK Code. They will give it to you in a few minutes.

Remember, DO NOT enter incorrect PUK codes. If you enter incorrect PUK mode multiple times, you SIM card will be PERMANENTLY disabled and you will have to get a new SIM card.

Only enter the correct PUK code after getting from your carrier network and enter it on your iPhone. If you tell me who your carrier network is, then I will send the details to contact them.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
my carrier is verizon
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Only Verizon have your PUK code. Remember, DO NOT enter incorrect PUK code.

There are two ways to get the PUK code. You can either call Verizon to get the code or you can try to get from online.

You can call this number to get the code --> 1-***-***-****

or you can get it via this page --> http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-47377/

I'd recommend to call the number above from a different phone and they will give you the code in a few minutes