Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have been locked out of my iPhone and the pass code

Customer Question

I have been locked out of my iPhone and the pass code won't work. I recently upgraded to an iPhone6s. It is a work phone and need to unlock it ASAP. Please help fast!!!
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi Adam,

Can you unlock it using Touch ID?

Is there a lockout period? (e.g. 60 minutes)

If you are sure the pass code you are using is correct, then try powering the phone off by pressing and holding the power button, then turn it back on again. Let me know if it now lets you in?

--------------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips greatly appreciated :)
Alternatively, please reply back if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------------

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can not use the Touch ID. This is the problem. I just got the phone and when i set my pass code to get in, I used a 4 digit number. Now, it shows 6 numbers so I don't know the code. Until now, I have used the Touch ID but now it tells me Touch ID requires me use my passcode to get into the iPhone.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Ok, when Apple updated to iOS 9, users were forced to choose a six-digit pass code instead of a four-digit one.

Do you recall what 6-digit pass code you might have chosen?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The only 6 digit number I ever gave was on the telephone with AT&T and it does not work
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

If you don't know the 6 digit passcode and the Touch ID is not working then you will have to restore the phone.

All content currently stored on the phone will be lost when you do this, however if you have a backup on iTunes or iCloud then you can restore from there.

If you recently synced with iTunes on a computer, then you can do a restore from there.

To restore or reset the phone, please see: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306