Terry Parker
Terry Parker, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  Device Technician at Batteries Plus Bulbs
94245276

After factory data reset, talkback wont go off and

Customer Question

After factory data reset, talkback wont go off and 'com.android.phone has stopped' error message wont go away. I have th option to press ok but even then, th message keeps reappearing. Please help.
Category: Cell Phones
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi Melvin,

This error message is triggered by the phone's toolkit application, or possibly a SIM card fault.

If you are constantly getting the “Unfortunately the process.com.android.phone has stopped” error, try the following methods to fix it first:

1. CLEAR CACHE AND DATA OF THE PHONE APP

To access this option, go to Settings. Then, select Apps. Tap the All tab so that all the apps of your device will be displayed in a column. Scroll down until you see “Phone” or an option similar to it. Tap it, followed by selecting the “Clear Cache” option. If the problem persists, repeat the steps and include “Clear Data” in your actions. Reboot your phone for the changes to take effect.

2. CLEAR CACHE AND DATA OF THE SIM TOOLKIT

Repeat the steps shown above. But this time, choose SIM toolkit from the list of apps under the All tab.

3. FIX USING CUSTOM RECOVERY

Install the latest AROMA file manager, which can be found in the XDA website. Use it to delete the cache or temporary folder of “Phone” as well as the SIM toolkit app. Then reboot your device for the changes to take effect.

Let me know how it works out for you.

--------------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips greatly appreciated :)
Alternatively, please reply back if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------------

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I cant access settings because 'com.android.phone process has stopped' is highlighted. I literally cant click on ANYthing other than 'ok'. I cant do anything.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Ok, then try wiping the cache partition of the phone (your data will remain safe):

Turn the phone off by holding the Power button. Then press and hold the following key combination: Power, Volume + , and Home buttons.

If your phone vibrates once, release the Power button, but keep the other two keys from the key combination pressed until a menu appears on the display. Here you can now use the volume button to select "Wipe Cache Partition". Confirm with the Power button to delete the cache. Then mark "Reboot phone" to reboot your phone. Finish!

The error should no longer appear.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ther is no home key on th sharp aquos crystal until th phoneis powered on. Instead i presssed where th home key is supposeda 2 be or where it is when th phone is powered on. It vibrated but as far a a menu, i didnt get 1 to cum up. There wuz nothin. Jus a vibration and when i let go of th power key, nothin happened. Ive paid $25 to get this question answered. Please help.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Ok, please try the following reset on the Sharp Aquos Crystal:

1. Press the Power button, until your phone is off.

2. Then press and hold the Volume Down key for about 5 seconds.

3. While still holding Volume Down, hold down Power button for a short while.

4. Release the keys when the Sharp logo appears on the screen.

5. Afterwards from the menu on your screen choose option "wipe data/factory reset" using Volume buttons to scroll options, and Power button to confirm operation.

6. Then accept option "Yes -- delete all user data".

7. After that select "reboot system now".

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Power & volume up pulls up a menu. Piwer volume down only vibrates. Please help.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support + Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Are you doing this when the phone is turned OFF?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Ok, I'm not sure why it is not working for you.

Let me check with the other techs...

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please do. Thank u.
Expert:  derrickonline replied 8 months ago.

I'd be more than happy to jump in and try to assist you. While I understand the previous tech provided instructions I also understand resetting using the buttons on the phone is all about timing and it can be tricky. I'm providing a link to a YouTube video you might find useful in helping you factory reset the device. Let me know if this works for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDRCrJmV0e0

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can get th factory reset menu up by pressing th power and vilume uo buttons. What i cant do is wipe partition cache. That menu doesnt pop up. Power and vilume down only make th ohone vibrate but i get no menu..
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is th only menu i can get. Wber is th wile partition menu?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My ohine looks like this

To select wipe data/cache you use the volume up/down buttons to highlight it, then press power button once to select it. Is that not working for you?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My menu has reboot and fsctory data reset. Th other tech told me to try and wipe th partition but wipimg or vlearing th partitiom isnt an option as u can see. I sent two pix n th last emails

Just a little confused. So were you able to select WIPE factory reset?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have reset th phone several times. It doesnt tske error message away. As far as wiping th partition, i have yet to see that option..
Expert:  Terry Parker replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be your, "Device Repair Technician," for the moment. I am here to assist you the best way possible to help resolve the issue you are having with your device. I would also like to ask you to rate me on the services that i will be providing for you. So that being said, "Let's get started."

Now seeing what is going on here let's remove the battery for a minute or two and the putting it back in. Now start a factory reset.